Start Date: Friday, May 24, 2013
End Date: Monday, May 27, 2013
Do you want to deepen trust and connection – the key to lasting relationships? Join us once again for a three-day training event in Nonviolent Communication with certified trainer Shantigarbha.
This workshop is for you if you would like to:
- Deepen the quality of connection with your family, students, colleagues, neighbours.
- Stay connected in times of conflict.
- Become more present.
- Learn how to take a ‘Time In’.
- Learn how to shift from a paradigm of demands, rewards and consequences – to a paradigm of self-responsibility, connection, trust, mutual support and interdependence.
- Learn about the value of journaling.
This three-day residential workshop:
- Is suitable for parents, teachers and anyone wanting to develop lasting relationships.
- Introduces you to the steps of the NVC process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others and listening compassionately to yourself.
- Will give you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life.
- Is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives.
- Uses the NVC Dance Floors for active, integrated learning.
- Is challenging, moving, supportive and fun!
Shantigarbha, CNVC.org certified trainer and author of the forthcoming book ‘A Path To Empathy: The Art of Compassionate Connection’.
Program for the workshop:
The workshop starts on Friday 24 May at 7:00pm and continues until Monday 27 May at 3:30pm.
Accommodation, food and tuition are included in the training fee. We want to make this training accessible to as many people with different financial resources as possible, whilst supporting ourselves to continue sharing this work. In order to do this, we propose that you choose your own fee from the range of $300 – $600
Suggested guideline for choosing a fee:
- Choose the lowest figure if you are on benefits and/or regularly struggling to pay the rent.
- Choose the highest figure if you are regularly eating out well and/or paid for by your employer, and/or want to support others with fewer financial resources to attend this workshop.
- Choose a figure in the middle e.g. $450 if you are somewhere in the middle.
When you book, please say the amount you are offering to pay. If you are unsure how to decide, feel free to get in touch with us.
Accommodation: Accommodation and meals are at the venue. Accommodation is in comfortable, shared bedrooms and the food is simple, tasty and vegetarian.
Registration: Contact the Aryaloka office via www.aryaloka.org or (603) 659-5456
To prepare for the workshop, please read Marshall Rosenberg’s “Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life” or watch the DVD, “The Basics of NVC”.
About the trainer
Shantigarbha is an international NVC trainer certified with the Centre for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC.org). Shantigarbha has led NVC workshops and retreats in the UK, the Middle East, the US, India and Sri Lanka and offers coaching / counselling for individuals and couples. In 2011 he ran a reconciliation retreat for 100 Israelis and Palestinians on the West Bank. He has written a regular column in Juno Magazine on NVC and parenting, and he’s author of a forthcoming book A Path To Empathy: The Art of Compassionate Connection. Visit Shantigarbha’s website at www.SeedofPeace.org
|Times:||7:00 p.m. Fri.,to – 3:30 p.m. Mon.|
|Fee:||Sliding Scale $600 to $300|
|Other dates:||Other dates here|
|Level:||Open to All|