Buddhism is practical, intended for real life. We read about the ideals of unfailing compassion and transcendent wisdom and we have a desire to develop some of these qualities, hoping they might transform our life. Putting the ideals into practice means using all of our faculties – mind, heart, actions – in activities that are inspired by the Dharma.
All of the ways we practice as aspirants or as committed Buddhists find their way into the Aryaloka program of events: Going for Refuge, Study, Devotion, Meditation, Spiritual Friendship, Ethics, and more.
Please look for ways you might want to participate. There are
- Classes and study groups for learning and exploration
- Retreats for round-the–clock immersion
- Meditation sessions for going within
- Gatherings for developing friendships
- Festivals for sharing inspiration
- Arts and yoga for developing all parts of ourselves